By Brendan Weafer [October 30th, 2016]
Happy Monday, get your BPA free water bottles ready because this week we have info that reminds us how important water is to our bodies. Not only will you be doing your organs and muscles a favor but you can even improve how you feel on a daily basis.
- Getting headaches you can’t explain? You may be dehydrated. When you don’t get enough water, your body will attempt to regulate fluid levels. This action causes blood vessels in your head to constrict, giving you a headache. You should aim for four liters of water a day.
- Dehydrating a muscle by only 3% can cause a 10% drop in strength.
- The Gatorade Sports Science Institute has found that in conditions of 85 degrees and 40% humidity, the average runner will lose 2 to 4 pounds of sweat an hour.
- Good hydration can prevent arthritis. With plenty of water in your body, there is less friction in your joints, thus less chance of developing arthritis.
- Food Friday- Planning on exercising this weekend? Being hydrated can make or break your workout. Sugary sports drinks are not necessarily ideal during shorter bouts of exercise. Instead try drinking an electrolyte infused water. Drinking water approximately 2 hours prior will make sure the fluid is available to your tissue when it is time to train.